Saturday 21 February 2015

"You're Jewish, you fool!"

I wrote this a while back, and it still feels right...
Long time ago, round about 1969, there was a tv programme in Scotland called "Se Ur Beatha" (apologies to Gaelic speakers if that's the wrong spelling) and it was singing and songs in Gaelic.

A friend and I at school, aged about 12 or thirteen, used to take adolescent delight in seeing what we thought the words they were singing sounded like: one was "You're Jewish, you fool!"

Anyway, back in October 2011, when I had my - what do I call it? Revelation? Spiritual experience? Moment of clarity? I don't know....but what ever it was, it was life changing, as that was the moment(and I have the vision of where I was, and what I saw in my mind's eye, clear as ever) when I knew I had found what I had been looking for, and it had been there all the time, waiting for me. Still not easy to put into words, and perhaps that's as it should be.

Anyway..... a bit later, I remembered "You're Jewish, you fool!" and THAT was the perfect way of putting into words what I would say to myself. Makes me smile. Nice. 

Nice to remember the friend, too....she was brilliant at science, and is probably a quantum physicist somewhere now.... her nickname was Atom.....we also shared a love of Monty Python, which has nothing to do with this, but makes me feel good to remember, and I'm all for good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment